Many of the Southeast’s coastal towns and cities are booming! New home and business owners; be sure to protect your investments with the right coverage for your unique coastal exposures.
As hurricane season approaches, home and business owners should also take preventative measures to ensure their property is adequately protected:
- A good first step is to discuss your current personal and business insurance coverage with your Agent. For homeowners and individual investors, proactive insurance planning helps protect the investment you have in your primary residence against unexpected and catastrophic loss caused by extreme weather events.
- Remember, FEMA has updated National Flood Maps and you can expect premium changes from their new Flood 2.0 Rating at renewal.
- Individuals should consider reevaluating coverage on second homes, coastal properties and specialty items like boats and jet skis.
- For business owners, additional property and casualty coverage can put your mind at ease. Agribusiness is particularly susceptible to loss during hurricane season and should be adequately insured. Business interruption lines can help get your doors reopened after an unforeseen loss.
- Once you’ve made sure your coverage is adequate, begin to implement practical measures to guard against loss. This includes routine property maintenance and repairs, safety training for employees as well as individual and family disaster response planning.
Oakbridge knows firsthand how devastating flood damage can be. This knowledge has been the foundation for our two-pronged approach to protecting our neighbors along the coast.
First, our personalized approach to covering property allows us to customize coverage based on your business or property’s unique characteristics. Second, we optimize our exclusive relationship with Lloyd’s of London, which focuses on underwriting the highest quality properties, helping mitigate risk and reduce the cost of casualties.
Let us know how we can help you maximize your coastal lifestyle and protect your investments against loss.
We’re Oakbridge: Deeply Rooted in your peace of mind.